Bard Math Circle
The Bard Math Circle promotes enjoyment of mathematics for elementary, middle, and high school students in the Mid-Hudson Valley.
We run math enrichment programs in the community, a Girls Math Club, host math contests, teach youngsters how to solve the Rubik’s Cube, and feature a late-summer math CAMP.
Bard Math Circle 2019–2020 Contest Schedule:
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019 – AMC 8 – Japheth Wood’s Presentation on Fibonacci Numbers
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 – AMC 10/12B
- Sunday, April 26, 2020 – Purple Comet! Math Meet (with practices on the weekends leading up to the event) – REGISTER!
- CANCELED: Saturday, April 25, 2020 – GAIM
Our focus is on encouraging a culture of creative mathematical problem-solving. This popular program attracts students come from all over the Mid-Hudson Valley.
Entering its 7th summer in 2020, the Creative and Analytical Math Program (CAMP) is a non-residential academic math program for students moving up to grades 6–9 in the fall.
The 2020 CAMP will meet August 3–7, the first week of August. We expect the application form to be ready by early April, with April 30 as the priority deadline (followed by rolling admissions). Please join our email list so that we can contact you with updates.
CAMP is a mathematical enrichment opportunity for students who want to explore challenging math in a relaxed setting. Engaging classes and activities are led by experienced educators and undergraduate math majors. We emphasize hands-on math, teamwork, outside-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving.
Click here for a little more information about CAMP and to view our history blogs.
Come hang out with Bard undergraduates and other math enthusiasts to play games, solve puzzles, and work on some enriching problem solving based on an exciting mathematical theme!
- Saturday, March 14, 2020: Celebrate Pi Day with us at the Repair Cafe. The event is FREE and runs 11am–3pm at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 101 Wurts Street, Kingston, NY 12401 (top of the Rondout neighborhood in Kingston). More information: http://www.repaircafehv.org/kingston
Please subscribe to our email updates for more information.
Bard Girls Math Club
The Girls’ Math Club is a mathematical enrichment opportunity at Bard College for Middle School girls who want to explore math using out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem solving through hands-on projects, puzzles and games, and open-ended math problems. Our goal is to foster a community of girls who love math and give them an opportunity to interact with female math students and math educators in a mentoring setting. This club is ideal for girls who are enthusiastic about engaging in math-related activities outside of school and meeting like-minded peers.
For further information, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org.